Monday, August 17, 2009

Reminiscing

August 17 is one of our favorite dates of the year. God seems to do big things/reveal big things in our lives on August 17.


August 17, 2003 was the big accident that started it all...

This is the next day (after discharge from hospital) reenacting my unconscious state. I woke up in love.

5 years later, August 17, 2008, my husband lost consciousness from the shock of soon becoming a parent (really he was jet-lagged, but he really was shocked too).


And what a difference a year makes...

This pic wasn't actually taken on August 17 because Michael is currently on a short stint to Afghanistan but it was taken about a week ago which is close enough. I just love that it is a shot of them in bed (baby in exchange for pee stick) almost exactly a year later when he was a little stunned and didn't know what to think a year ago and is soooo in love now. I know viewers might want to ignore the hairy chest, but this is one of my new favorites of the two of them together. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber, this is by far my favorite post! August 17 IS a big day...I hope you have framed the chest hair one...it is precious! I'm anxiously wanting to chat with you! When would be a good time to call? Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete