Thursday, August 27, 2009

4 months!

Michaela is 4 months old already! It is amazing for us how much she has grown and changed. When people say to enjoy the time while we have it because they grow fast, they are so right! Michaela is growing to be a happy girl. Now she is usually only fussy when she is tired and falls asleep much easier than she used to. She loves standing up (which is why she loves her new jumper!), grabbing anything she can in front of us, and being outside. She also still loves music and movement. If you will dance for her, she will definitely smile for you, and if you dance a little more crazily, she will definitely give you a delighted giggle! She also continues to love her books and is getting more coordinated with her hands that she can hold onto her toys better and even started trying to turn the pages for me as we read her little hard cover books. We are enjoying her more and more everyday. I have not taken specifically 4 month photos yet, but a couple mornings while Michael was gone, I entertained myself by having some mini photo shoots of her. Below are some of the photos from this past week.






Check out these monkey feet! She loves trying to hold onto things with them! (and kick, kick, kick, of course!)


Right after bath time, check out the little bum back there. :)



These are her two favorite fingers...


And if you are wondering about the outfit in the above (and several below) photo, yes, it is old school. I wore it in 1981, and it now fits Michaela perfectly...including the little matching shoes. The neck ruffle was the best part of the retro outfit, but I'm not sure any of these shows it well.



Of course, the little wiggle worm wiggled her way down and the hair bow off.


So, in person, the little girl looks EXACTLY like her daddy (with a hint of me in her every once in awhile), but in a few pictures that we have, she looks exactly like my baby pics. This next one would be one of those, and she is wearing my outfit, so I like it and can't wait to hear my mom's reaction. The weird thing, though, is that I really don't think she looked like this in person.


Here she is in her new jumper! I think this was only the second day she was in it. The first time I put her in it, she stood up tall and gave me a big smile like she was so proud to be standing on her own. She also loves being on the same level as the dogs and smiles and giggles at them whenever they are near her in it.






My mom gave me a few more outfits from when I was a baby so there may be some more retro baby pics in the future. :)

1 comment:

  1. She's precious, Amber! I disagree...I think she looks MUCH more like Mommy! =)

    ReplyDelete