Saturday, June 27, 2009

Glorious Morning!

As some of you know, I tried to stay active throughout my pregnancy. I continued running until about halfway and then continued going to the gym until about 38 weeks and then continued walking a lot until Michaela was born. Since Michaela was born, exercise for me has consisted of doing squats while holding her (mostly to appease her), doing segments of workout videos while holding her, doing push-ups and abs while entertaining her in her playgym or tummy time, and walking around the neighborhood. I have had the desire to go running since she was about 2 weeks old, but TODAY (at 2 months old), I FINALLY had the MOTIVATION, ENERGY, and a PLAN. Michael went for a quick run while I fed Michaela, and then I got changed and left as soon as he came back. I did my first half of pregnancy route (about 3 miles), and although it was slow going, I was just so excited to be jogging without stopping for the first time in 6 months! As I was jogging up to our building, it started drizzling, which proved the nice timing of the plan. And the cherry on top...
I entered the apartment to a sweet babe sleeping and a sweet man cooking brunch, so I even got to do uninterrupted abs, push-ups, and eating with my husband before said sweet baby awoke. GLORIOUS! I think this plan will have to be re-enacted many times in the future!!

P.S. Baby is 2 months today, and more pictures of her are coming soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment