Tuesday, June 2, 2009

2 week check-up (3 weeks ago)

So, this is what Michaela looked like for her entire first doctor's appointment. She screamed more in that 30 min. than she had in the prior 2 weeks of life. Here is how it went down...
I undressed her (including diaper) in order to get weighed and measured. As soon as the air hit her bottom, she urinated all over the scale. The huge puddle of urine surrounded her (all the way up her back). I scooped her up and started patting her back with paper towels while my mother and the tech cleaned the scale. I held paper towels under her bottom while they were finishing up so we could try again. Before that was possible, I started feeling warmth in my hand. I held her away from my body (as to protect my own clothing), and a large puddle of poop accumulated on the floor. After all that, she was able to get weighed and measured. As you can see, she really enjoyed it. ;)

The doctor was happy to hear that all the plumbing was working but was not happy that the screaming continued while she was trying to listen to her heart and lungs. She had grown an inch and a half and gained over a pound since birth. We haven't gotten her weighed again since then, but we tried on the scale last night, and we think she is somewhere right around 10 lb. now. We will update you more after the next appointment.

2 comments:

  1. What an eventful appointment! I'm glad the little stinker is healthy! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber that is really funny! Spencer peed on the scale all the way up to his shoulders at his two week appt. also. Those silly little love muffins. Can't wait to get them together.

    ReplyDelete