Sunday, May 23, 2010

Completing the Story

Well, I sure left you hanging, didn't I? If you are still checking in with us, then you deserve some updating. My plan was to get all caught up during my break between semesters, and now I have one week left, so hopefully I will be all caught up by the end of the week! ;)

To finish the story from the last post...

The plan for Michael's return with that aircraft changed again...he was supposed to fly to Greenland then Iceland, sleep there, and then continue. On Feb. 14, they attempted to carry out the plan. However, he was about 45-50 min. out from Greenland airport en route to Iceland when the entire cockpit quickly filled with smoke and he saw foot-long flames from the engine on his side. By the grace of God (and all your prayers, thank you), my Valentine survived an engine failure and made it safely back to the airport in Greenland. He then got to fly commercially back to us a few days later (just like I had wanted a few days prior). So, that trip ended up being 3.5 weeks instead of one, but he made it back in one piece and we praise God for that!

Yay! I finally finished that story. Now tomorrow I can give you some updates on Michaela and finally post a recent photo like EVERYONE has been asking for! :)

2 comments:

  1. SOO GLAD he is safe!! Glad he is home. Sometimes all this flight stuff scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a blessing to be safe!!Praise God!

    ReplyDelete